Along with a light Nitecore sent recently, they sent this little NSH10 – a keychain carabiner with a couple of extra and unusual features. Read on for more!
Official Specs and Features
There’s just one version!
These go for $9.95! Buy yours at NitecoreStore.com (referral link).
This is a fun little item. Seems to work well, and is a fun attachment.
- Nitecore NSH10
Package and Manual
Build Quality and Disassembly
Construction on this little guy is great. It’s a pretty typical of a gated carabiner. Except in this case, it’s titanium!
There are a bunch of angles on here, for all sorts of action. There is a bottle opener, a can opener, a screwdriver…. Every angle offers something.
Size and Comps
Officially 49mm x 25.5mm x 3.8mm, and 7.5g. It’s a small item!
Retention and Carry
It’s a carabiner, so it works like a carabiner. Not for climbing obviously, but great for keys.
Typically this will be placed on a belt loop or similar for carry. There isn’t really any other great way to carry this.
User Interface and Operation
Mash the gate to clip this on something, or keys into it. Pretty straight forward. The gate has good tension.
The point for use as a screw driver is intended for flat head screws.
The bottle opener works as do other bottle openers. There’s a nice point for good gripping of tops.
What I like
- Small and light.
- Easy to operate gate
- Low cost
What I don’t like
- No way for locking the gate
- Leverage isn’t great for opening bottles
- This carabiner was provided by Nitecore for review. I was not paid to write this review.
- This content originally appeared at zeroair.org. Please visit there for the best experience!
- For flashlight-related patches, stickers, and gear, head over to PhotonPhreaks, another site where I write!
- Shop my amazon.com store for the best lights!
- Whether or not I have a coupon for this light, I do have a bunch of coupons!! Have a look at my spreadsheet for BangGood and GearBest coupons. Please subscribe and get notifications when the sheet is edited!!